The State Laboratory of Public Health provides certain medical and environmental laboratory services (testing, consultation and training) to public and private health provider organizations responsible for the promotion, protection and assurance of the health of North Carolina citizens.
- 11/24/13: Search the SLPH site easier. Our search tool (top right) has been updated.
- 11/19/13, Update: Diagnosis Codes/ICD-9 Reference Sheet (PDF, 38 KB)
- 11/07/13: MERS-CoV Specimen Collection and Testing Guidelines (PDF, 225 KB)
- 10/09/13: Specimen Collection for Influenza Testing: Interim Guidance - Updated 09/16/13 (PDF, 102 KB)
- 09/18/13: New Clinical Specimen Submission Memo 09/16/13 (PDF, 74 KB)
- 07/18/13: Newborn Screening Specimens Memo 07/11/13 (PDF, 211 KB)
- 07/01/13: Make Payments Online: Pay your NC State Lab invoice on line through E-check. Please note there is a convenience fee of $0.35 for paying online.
Video from the Association of Public Health Laboratories (APHL):
What is a Public Health Laboratory? (link opens in new window)
- Workshop Cancellation and Reimbursement Policy (PDF, 793 KB)
- 2013 Lab Improvement Workshops (PDF, 1.16 MB)
- Newborn Screening Contact Request
- Confirmation Test for Blood Parasites (PDF, 1.95 MB)
- 2011 Annual Report for the North Carolina State Laboratory of Public Health (PDF, 2 MB)
- CLIA Certificate (PDF, 283 KB)
- Regional Consultants’ Area Map (PDF, 87 KB)
- SCOPE: Guide to Services - 11/2013 (PDF, 1.4 MB)
- SCOPE - Index to Services - 09/2013 (PDF, 396 KB)